|Holidays Shabbat Chabad-houses Chassidism Subscribe Calendar Links|
Hayom-Yom for 16, Tishrei
|Hayom Yom was written by the Lubavitcher Rebbe in 5703 (1942-43).|
In this box we have listed the Torah Lessons for this year.
The Torah Lessons below in the text are as they were in the original edition.
- In the evening Kiddush: Shehecheyanu precedes Leisheiv Ba'Suka.
- At Mincha do not say Hodu (p. 124); do say Patach Eliyahu (p. 125).
Friday Tishrei 16, 2nd Day of Sukot 5704 Torah Lessons
Chumash: B'racha, Shishi with Rashi.
Tanya: (XXIIb) My beloved (p. 521)...heart and soul. (p. 523).
The Tzemach Tzedek related:
"In 5569 (1808) we heard from my grandfather (the Alter Rebbe) for the sixth time the Maamar Ush'avtem Mayim  (the first of that title in Likutei Torah) and the experience was reminiscent of the Talmudic statement (Yerushalmi Suka 5:1)
`From there they drew (the holy spirit).' 
Yona  received, at the celebration of the water-drawing, the gift of prophetic revelation; we received revelation without end. The end will be when Mashiach comes, for the end is rooted in the beginning." 
- (Back to text) Yeshayahu 12:3. "You shall draw water with joy from the wellsprings of deliverance."
- (Back to text) Ruach hakodesh; see Yerushalmi, ibid.
- (Back to text) The prophet Jonah.
- (Back to text) See p. 29 (16 Adar I)
| About |